When you visit this website, your IP address and pages visited are registered. These data are processed anonymously and only used for statistical purposes. If you enter personal details, Pon Holdings will treat them confidentially. We only use your details to provide you with requested and relevant information.
This privacy statement does not apply to other Pon companies you visit via links on the Pon Holdings website. Pon Holdings reserves the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. We recommend that you consult this privacy statement regularly so that you know about any changes.
No part of this website may be reproduced or used without Pon Holdings prior written permission, with the exception of downloading, browsing it on a single PC and/or printing a single hard copy for personal, non-corporate use.
No rights can be derived from the information on this website. Pon Holdings accepts no liability whatsoever for the contents of the site and the information contained therein.
Privacy Statement Pon Datalab
This Privacy Statement Pon Datalab governs the collection, use and other forms of processing of personal data by Pon IT. B.V. (“Pon IT”) related to our services, our Pon Datalab products and this website.
Who is responsible for collecting and processing of your personal data?
Pon IT. B.V. (Rondebeltweg 31, 1329BN, Almere, Netherlands) is the legal entity responsible for all collection and all processing of your personal data in connection with the products, services and websites of Pon Datalab.
Pon IT is part of Pon Holdings B.V. its affiliates and its subsidiaries (“Pon”). Pon IT and Pon are committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy and the security of your personal data you share with us.
Why do we collect your personal data?
Personal data is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. When you choose to register your personal data, contact us, or visit our websites, we will collect some personal data about you. We process these personal data for the following purposes:
- communicate with you in a personal way or to inform you about Pon Datalab products or services, consistent with your choices;
- provide customer service, including service around the purchase of services and products, fulfil warranty obligations and product recalls for our own services and those of related companies, and to deal with any enquiries or complaints;
- administer your account;
- administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- perform market research and improve our business, services and Pon Datalab products or to develop new business, services and products;
- perform statistical analyses and reporting;
- providing services on the internet;
- communicating with participants and offering a loyalty program;
- to communicate future promotional and marketing information including direct marketing purposes and retargeting;
- to aggregate and/or anonymize personal data in order to generate other data for our use;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements;
- as otherwise stated at or about the time information is collected.
Which personal data we process?
Which personal data we exactly process, depends on which websites, products or services you use. We process the following personal data.
Personal data you provide to us:
- This is the personal data that you enter when you use our websites, products or services. This data includes e.g. your name, address, email address, the account name and password that you create, etc.
How do we collect your personal data?
In the table below we describe per way of collecting: the categories of personal data and the purposes for which we process the personal data as well as the legal basis for the processing:
|Ways of collecting||Categories of personal |
| Purposes for processing |
the personal data
Registration for our newsletter
The above described purposes: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9,
10, 11 and 12
Consent or legitimate interest
|Pon Datalab account |
|–||The above described purposes: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, |
8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
|Consent, legitimate interest or performance of a contract|
|Attend to product |
promotion, events or
|–||The above described purposes: 1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, |
11 and 12
|Consent or legitimate interest|
|Visit our websites |
NB: please refer to our
for further details
|The above described purposes: 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, |
11 and 12
|Consent or legitimate interest|
Our legitimate interests include: marketing, IT management, research and analysis of our products or services, business management, internal management.
You have the right to withdraw your consent which you may have given to the processing of your personal data at any time by sending your withdrawal request to email@example.com.
How do we share or transfer your personal data?
You should be aware that Pon IT. B.V. is part of a business group within Pon and that departments (like IT, Marketing) can be located in Pon companies around the world. As a consequence your personal data may be shared within and/or transferred to other business group companies or other Pon companies around the world. You can consult the list and location of our companies here: http://www.pon.com/en/our-business/bedrijven.
Pon IT. B.V. may share your personal data also with third parties to perform certain processing activities on behalf of Pon IT. B.V. and to facilitate services they provide to us. These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services. Pon IT. B.V. may also share your personal data to third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices. Pon IT. B.V. requires these third parties to process and protect your personal data diligently. Pon IT. B.V.will not sell your personal data to third parties.
Pon IT. B.V. or Pon might reorganize, merge or in any other way sell or dispose (part of) a business company to another company. Where such business relates to Pon Datalab, such transfer of ownership may include the transfer of your personal data to the new owner and its advisors.
We will otherwise only disclose your personal data if so required or authorized by law, where necessary for preventing or combating fraud, where necessary for dispute resolution, or for any other pressing legitimate need which under the circumstances must outweigh your privacy interests, such as the security of our business and the safety of our staff.
How do we protect your personal data?
Pon IT. B.V. will take appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of personal data. This may include using secure registration forms, encryption of data, and restricting access to your personal data.
Please note that some third countries do not provide for an adequate level of protection for your personal data. However, you can be assured that Pon IT. B.V. will take appropriate safeguards for the confidentiality and protection of your data. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as our own Binding Corporate Rules or standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, to protect your personal data. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We retain personal data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide our services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Cookies, web beacons and similar techniques
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal data, object to the processing of personal data, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us via email@example.com Rondebeltweg 31, PO Box 30052, 1303 AB, Almere, Netherlands. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make as clear as possible what personal data your request relates to. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within any applicable legally required timeframes.
Contact, questions, feedback and Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) via email@example.com. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs.
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement. If necessary, we will inform you when we change the Privacy Statement. This statement was last modified on 7 June 2019.
What are cookies, web beacons and similar techniques?
A cookie is a tiny data file, which is stored on your computer within the web browser, when certain web pages are visited. A cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via a web browser; it can give information to facilitate a more user friendly service such as detecting errors. We do not retain a cookie longer than necessary.
Web beacons are small graphic images (also called “pixel tags” called or “clear POISON’s”) that may be installed on or in our websites, communication services, applications and other used tools. Web beacons are used for different purposes, including measuring performance of our websites, tracking the number of visitors to our web sites and how to navigate it accordingly.
Under similar techniques for storing information we understand other technologies that store information on your browser or device and that use local shared objects or local storage. Examples include flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies and other web application software methods.
For simplicity, we use the term cookie in our policy to cover the total scope of cookies, web beacons and similar techniques.
To use our website fully, you will need to have cookies enabled. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you can still browse the site; however certain features of the site may be limited.
You may notice the presence of different types of cookies generated on your visit to this website. We use the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies;
- Analytical cookies;
These cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf the website(s) of Pon IT and use the website’s functions, such as accessing protected areas of the website. Without these cookies, such functions, including shopping baskets and electronic payment, are not possible. We might use these cookies for:
- Authentication of users for a secured login;
- Remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasing;
- Remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don’t have to fill in all your details repeatedly;
- Passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online order;
- Storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc;
- Storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen’s resolution details;
- Reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen;
- Locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts;
- Loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible;
- Offering the option of storing log-in details so that you don’t have to enter them every time;
- Making it possible to place a reaction on our website.
These cookies gather information about the surfing behavior of visitors to our websites, such as which pages are visited often and whether visitors receive error messages. By doing this we are able to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. We do not link the statistics and other reports to individuals. We might use these cookies for:
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages;
- Keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages;
- Determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website;
- Assessing which parts of our site need to be improved;
- Optimizing the website.
We might use software like Google Analytics to analyze page use, page interactions and the routes taken through our sites. These are known as “website metrics” or ‘analytics’.
- Ensuring we have a “Processing Contract” with Google;
- Activating in Google Analytics the IP addresses anonymization;
- Ensuring sharing of data with Google will not take place.
Google may only provide this data to third parties if Google is required to do so by law, or to the extent necessary for third parties processing this data on behalf of Google.
You can prevent collection of the data generated by the cookie and pertaining to their use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Pon IT places and uses the functional cookies when you explore our website to ensure the proper functioning of the website. Only after you have given your consent, Pon IT places the analytical, advertising and social media cookies. We provide you the choice to set your preference related to the use of the kind of cookies for the first use of the website. We will store you preference for your next visit but you can always adjust your preference.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being used. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Questions and feedback
Please send us your questions and comments about cookies or privacy to firstname.lastname@example.org.